Sunday, January 07, 2007
Yay. Let's Party.
Blythe Anne's party is today at 1:30. We are having it at Johnny's Pizza, which is a Louisiana pizza place. I personally do not like Johnny's, but everyone else loves it so we're having it there. I feel like I am forgetting something, but I do not know what...

She picked out Princesses for her theme, and I ordered her a Little Mermaid cake from Wal-Mart. For some reason they did not have a Princess cake with all of the Disney Princesses, so I had to go for the next best thing. She's been on a kick lately, she thinks that she's a mermaid. And she's been wanting the Little Mermaid movie, so I got it for her.

And here's the list of things that I got her: Happy Birthday Barbie, another Barbie that spins and her skirt lights up, ballerina DVD thing, some clothes, and a new costume. The new things lately have been Barbies and dressing up in costumes. My mom got her a Dora TV to go with her Dora DVD player. My mother-in-law got her something like this, and a CD player (they were out of the Dora CD players...)

I don't even know who all is going to come to the party today. We invited everyone, but you never know who will actually show up. Last year, every single person we invited showed up, and some even brought extra kids with them. We had fifty people in my mother-in-law's living room. We just looked at each other and agreed to never do that again.

Sometimes I hate birthday parties. I feel like I cannot just get her a few things and just have a small party because so-and-so got their kid 15 presents for his birthday, or so-and-so had a huge party with those bouncy things. I gave up when my cousin's daughter got a pony and pink saddle for her first birthday. I am not making this up. I didn't feel bad because Blythe Anne and Jonah have three miniature ponies, a donkey (or pon-a-mule as Blythe Anne calls him), two cats, a dog, and then out on the pond there are goats, ducks, and geese. The kids are not lacking in the animal department. All we need now are pigs and chickens and we'll be living on a farm.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Sounds like you had a good day. Happy Birthday to your little one!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer